Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Heaven's to Etsy, I like it!


So is born a new segment to the variety show blog, "Heaven's to Etsy, I like it!" There are sooo many amazingly talented artists on Etsy. But every once in a while, you stumble upon a product so incredible and different from the hand made clothing and accessories, art pieces, and one of kind gadgets and gizmos. And sometimes, when you find such an item, instead of exclaiming "What the etsy?!", you say, "Heavens to Etsy, I LIKE it!" Well, you may not say that, but for some reason I do. And I realize its a little odd. But these words rolled off my tongue like spanish from the mouth of Dora (Took me waay too long to come up with that analogy).

Now, I enjoy a good craft show, hence my fondnes of Etsy. There are certain boothes that I pass by, knowing that I will never purchase a painted gourd, a stone with a quote about sisters (ok, I did that one time, but it was back in the 80's and my sis still has it), or a teddy bear decked out in lace! That's why, when I clicked on the thumbnail for an image of a gourd, thinking it would be good for What the Etsy, I was shocked and amazed at the beautiful hand crafted lampshade made from a gourd! Check out Studio Tempera to see what I'm talking about. You'll covet one for your decor as well. . .Heaven's to Etsy, I just know it!

2 comments:

  1. Heaven's to Etsy, I DO like it Sam I am!! What a fun addition to any room!! I love how it reflects back on the wall! The butterfly is my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you go to the site and look? I love them all! Except the "I love you" one-it did nothing for me.

    ReplyDelete