Friday, January 15, 2010

Find Morgan

Find Morgan is a site dedicated to finding Morgan Harrington, a college student who disappeared following a Metallica concert at the John Paul Jones Arena in Charlottesville, NC. For some reason, this case weighs heavily on my mind. The victim, Morgan, seems to have been close with her family and reasonably intelligent. She attended a concert with her friends, where she may or may not have consumed alcohol, exited the facility by mistake and was not allowed re-entry. Now, I don't know about you, but I consider myself to be pretty level headed, yet can imagine this same scenario happening to me. I would feel bad about making my friends leave the concert to join me outside and I would tell them to stay while I found a way home. Knowing my friends, they would be a little tipsy too and take my word for it, believing that I would practice caution even after a few drinks. Morgan probably practiced the same tipsy caution. Now, I don't know what happened after that. Did she trust someone she shouldn't have? Did she wonder off further than she should have? Or has she fooled us all? I doubt the last one to be true. I read her parents thoughts and it breaks my heart. Yet, I relish in the same hope they have because no evidence has been found to suggest she is not alive. No evidence suggests the contrary either. How do you celebrate Christmas? How do you conduct your daily lives? Please, if you are in the area, search for Morgan or clues as to what happened to her. If not, pray for the family and love your own children and loved ones as if this is your final day with them. You just never know. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Harrington family. Whatever the significance of 2-4-1 is, I feel/pray/say it with you. 2.4.1.

No comments:

Post a Comment