Thursday, January 14, 2010

What the Etsy?

I can tell this is going to be a favorite category of mine. I love the site, Etsy, I really do. In fact, I've purchased many a gifts from the handmade/Indie promoting site. I even strive to have an Etsy shop one of these days. Granted, my crafts need honing, but a pipe dream it is not! Some products I innocently stumble across while perusing the site leave me with my head tilted to the side and one eyebrow cocked saying "What the. . .". So, for lack of a better word to complete that thought, I have started saying to myself (in my ongoing dialogue of a blog), "What the Etsy?".

The first item I would like to throw out there is the Good Swimmer: A sperm cell Christmas Ornament for your tree.

Now, Christmas is a magical time. And, although its a stretch, I can see the relationship between a sperm cell (the beginning of life) and Christ (the beginning of everlasting life). However, I'm not sure that's where this artist's mind was. I'm not exactly sure WHERE this artist's mind was. 167 people have viewed this item, though. Surely 167 people don't relate sperm cells to Christmas. In fact, its quite ironic. There were no sperm cells involved in the first Christmas. That's what makes it Christmas. I'm just sayin. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment